Photo dump – Sunday the 26th

I thought it would be fun to do one of those day in the life photoshoots! Last Sunday I took some photos as I went about my day. This definitely isn’t a typical DAY for me, but it is a typical SUNDAY, if that makes sense. During the weekdays I go to my day job from 9-5, but this is a pretty typical weekend for me.

Anyway! I woke up at about 7:30 and immediately made coffee.

Coffee on a countertop
Delicious, delicious nectar.

And then got to work! I’m working on a new painting. I’m a little embarrassed to show it when it’s still “in progress” but whatever, good to get out of one’s comfort zone!

Painting in progress
My messy studio with painting in progress – yep, I sit in the floor.
In progress!
In progress!

LOTS more to do. I’m really excited about it, but also really intimidated! Anyway, I worked until about noon, while listening to my trusty radio. I LOVE the radio. It’s much better on weekdays than weekends, but it’s still pretty good on weekends. I tuned into 92.9 FM, “90s til today”! Felt good to indulge in some nostalgia! I like the radio while I work because it doesn’t engage me too much that I’m distracted, but still enough that I can get into that creative zone.

After that, I packed Rob lunch. He works at a rehabilitation hospital that’s a short walk away. Obviously I don’t always take him lunch, but it was a beautiful day for a walk. It was also freaking hot outside – I was drenched in sweat the whole way. Summer here is BEAUTIFUL. Seriously, gorgeous.

Roses on a rosebush

Purple flowers on window boxes outside of a bar/cafe

Little free library

I always feel super self-conscious taking photos while I walk around. How do other people do it? There’s ALWAYS other people around looking at me like I’m a crazy lady!

Anyway Rob enjoyed the lunch I brought him very much. It was just leftover momos and samosas from our local Indian momo place!

Sitting on the grass with momos and samosas.

Finally, I headed home and settled down to playing some video games – Xenoblade Chronicles. I FINALLY finished it (120 hours total, 4 YEARS since I started, yikes).

Augustus the cat laying on me, with a wiimote in my lap
Augustus helped.

And that’s it! Not much to report for the rest of the day – I read some books, played some games, Rob got home and we made dinner, which was vegan shatshouka – yummmm. It was delicious! All in all, a very wonderful Sunday, and very productive for my art, too! Though I’ve been doing a fair amount of painting, I REALLY want to get back into sketching/drawing. Painting is really great, but you also need to improve your drawing skills too!

You may also like

1 Comment